Etihad Rail (Arabic: الاتحاد للقطارات), is the United Arab Emirates national railway network. It was established in June 2009 under Federal Law No. 2 to manage the development, construction and operation of the United Arab Emirates’ national freight and passenger railway network. The railway will link the UAE's principal centers of industry, manufacturing, production, logistics, population and its major import and export points, sustainably connecting regions and integrating industries through rail-based transport.
- Length:Approximately 1,200 km in length.
- Connectivity:Connect the emirates and will link the UAE to KSA via Ghuweifat.
- Speed:Freight trains up to 120 km/h (75 mph)
- Capacity: Capacity to transport 22,000 tones of granulated Sulphur daily (7.2 million tones yearly).
- Location: :Shah and Habshan to the port of Ruwais